Anchorage, a U.S.-based premier digital asset platform for establishments, introduced on Thursday it secured $80 million by way of its Collection C funding spherical, which was led by GIC with participation from a16z, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico.
Based in 2017, Anchorage claims it was created to fulfill the “rising want” for institutional custody that enables traders to securely maintain and use digital property.
“Anchorage provides world class custody, buying and selling, and financing providers, in addition to on-chain participation like staking and governance. Modular and adaptable to any blockchain use case, Anchorage is designed to fulfill the evolving monetary wants of establishments.”
Anchorage additional revealed that the funding spherical’s funds shall be used to quickly scale to fulfill the rising demand for participation within the digital asset area, significantly amongst companies and conventional monetary establishments. The platform famous that within the subsequent few months, it should do the next:
- Supply at-launch help for brand new protocols: Anchorage will proceed to put money into broad asset help, in addition to the type of at-launch help we’ve offered for protocols like Celo, Filecoin, and Oasis.
- Assist rising company use circumstances: Anchorage is dedicated to supporting organizations trying to take part within the digital asset area, from supporting company treasuries, to discovering strategic methods to include crypto into their operations
- Make crypto lending seamless and safe: Anchorage plans to scale its lending product and operations, diversifying mortgage varieties and giving lenders a very seamless and safe lending expertise
- Be a crypto associate to neo banks, challenger banks, and conventional banks: Anchorage is dedicated to partnering with a variety of economic establishments to make it simple and safe to supply crypto providers
- Make institutional DeFi participation accessible: Anchorage has been an early proponent of DeFi, providing custody help for a lot of DeFi tokens, bringing wrapped layer-one protocols to Ethereum, and supporting Bitwise within the launch of the primary DeFi crypto index fund. Within the coming years, Anchorage is in search of to facilitating larger institutional participation within the area
Anchorage went on so as to add:
“At Anchorage, our focus has all the time been enabling establishments to take part within the digital asset area. At first, participation meant safe custody you need to use. It has since grown to imply a variety of crypto-native monetary services and products, from staking and governance, to financing and lending, to buying and selling and DeFi. At present, with banks and companies in search of publicity to the area for themselves and for his or her clients, we anticipate the that means of participation to broaden as soon as once more.”